Banana muffins is one of those snacks that I frequently make. Everyone at my home loves it. Even my toddler likes it. They’re are quick to make, delicious and great to have with a cup of tea/coffee. I also sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on top, which makes the crust even more yumm. They taste best when made from overripe bananas. Next time you have overripe bananas at home, don’t toss them off. Make these muffins and you’re gonna love them! It is a simple one bowl recipe which can be made in less than half an hour. Yes, that’s right, it is so simple!
Here you go!
- Ripe bananas – 3 (Overripe works best)
- Eggs – 2 (room temperature)
- Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Brown sugar – 1/4 Cup (Fully packed cup)
- White granulated sugar – 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla – 1/2 Tsp
- All Purpose flour – 1 2⁄3 Cups
- Baking Soda – 1/2 Tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1/4 Tsp
- Salt – 1/4 Tsp
- Brown sugar – 2 Tbsp (To sprinkle on top)
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 Tsp (To sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius and line 12 to 15 muffin cups.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas well.
- Add the eggs, oil and sugar. Whisk just until sugar dissolves.
- Place a mesh strainer on the bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients and sift into the bowl.
- Gently whisk just until combined.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin cups.
- Mix the brown sugar and cinnamon (To Sprinkle)
- Sprinkle on top of each muffin cup with batter.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee. You can even try warm muffins with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, the ‘Hot n Cool’ dessert. It tastes great.
Watch the video here: