Looks rose, tastes rose. Yes, this is the Ultimate Rose Cake.
Rosa Rosetta Cake!
Decadent vanilla cake layers soaked in rose water sugar syrup and frosted with rose flavored whipped cream rosettes. This cake not only looks elegant, but also tastes heavenly. These are ideal for cake smash events too.
I always prefer subtle flavours and this is one such cake. The flavour of rose is just the right amount. It magically stands out and covers up the taste of vanilla, yet it does not overpower the taste buds.
This is a simple recipe and here you go! 🙂
- Butter – 3/4 Cup
- Sugar 1 & 1/2 Cups
- Eggs – 3 ( room temperature)
- Vanilla essence- 1 & 1/2 Tsp
- All purpose flour – 2 & 1/4 Cups
- Baking soda – 1 Tsp
- Baking powder – 1 Tsp
- Salt – 3/4 Tsp
- Yogurt – 3/4 Cup
- Milk – 2 Tbsp , if the batter is too thick (room temperature)
For Sugar syrup
- Water – 1/2 Cup
- Sugar – 2 Tbsp
- Rose water – 1 Tsp
- Cold heavy whipping cream – 4 Cups (at least 38% fat content)
- Icing sugar – 1 & 1/2
- Rose essence – 1 Tsp (DO NOT ADD MORE, it is a strong flavour)
- Vanilla essence – few drops (not more than 1/4 Tsp)
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees celcius and grease & line two 8 inch cake tins.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla and give a quick mix. Set aside this mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients and yogurt into the sugar-butter mixture. Alternating in 3 parts of flour and 2 parts of yogurt, starting and ending with flour. Following is the sequence:
(Flour – Yogurt – Flour – Yogurt – Flour)
- If the batter is too thick you may add milk. If not, leave out this step.
- Divide the batter evenly between the two cake tins and bake for 30 minutes. Do the toothpick test and if required, keep for additional 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
For rose sugar syrup
- Boil the water with sugar.
- Cool it down and add the rose water.
- Whip the heavy cream in a cold bowl until slightly thick.
- Add the icing sugar and whisk until soft peaks.
- Add the rose essence and vanilla essence and whisk until stiff peaks.
- Do the crumb coat and chill for at least 15 minutes.
- Pipe pink rosettes to cover the cake entirely. I used #Wilton1M tip. You may use #Wilton2D as well.
- Chill the cake for at least 2 hours to get the best taste. This will allow the cream and the cake to come together really well.
- It is suggested to keep it out of the refrigerator for half an hour before serving. The cake will be more moist.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram. 😉