It is cherry season people! Needless to say, I had to incorporate cherries in my baking. When I think of baking with cherries, the first thing that comes to my mind is Black Forest Cake . However, this time I wanted to make something different. Something that is easy to make, yummy and good with a cup of coffee/tea. A loaf cake it is!
Sweet n tangy cherry infused in rich chocolate cake is the best thing ever! Here you go:
- Eggs – 3 (room temperature)
- Oil – 1/2 Cup
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Chocolate for melting – 100 Grams
- Vanilla – 1 Tsp
- Cherry sugar pulp – 3/4 Cup
(Boil 150 grams cherries + 1/2 cup water + 2 Tbsp sugar = To make pulp)
- All purpose flour – 1 Cup
- Baking soda – 1 Tsp
- Baking powder – 1 Tsp
- Cocoa powder – 1 Tbsp
- Salt – 3/4 Tsp
- Line and grease a 26 x 12 x 7 cm loaf tin (Medium sized) and preheat oven at 180 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and oil.
- Add melted chocolate, vanilla, cherry pulp and mix it in.
(For the cherry pulp preparation, refer to my recipe for Black Forest Cake )
- Place a mesh strainer on the bowl. Sift in the flour, cocoa podwer, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk just until incorporated.
- Pour in prepared loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.